How to archive courses
After some time you will want to archive old courses to avoid clutter in the dashboard and the library.
There is a very easy way to archive courses. We create a hidden category called "Archive" and place the courses we want to archive into this category. Hidden categories and courses will not be visible to users but only to managers. This way you can always recheck previous completion data if needed.
- In the main menu, click on the library.
- In the second menu, click on "Manage Courses"
- Now you see an overview of the categories in the left column. Click on "Create new category" button above this column.
- Fill in the required fields to create a new category. Let's call this category "Archive". Hit save.
- Hide the Archive category by clicking on the eye icon next to it.
- Finally add courses to this category by editing the category in the course settings of each course. You can also move multiple courses to this category in the "Manage courses" page.
- OPTIONAL: Hide the courses in the Archive category as well. This will hide courses from the dashboard screens of the enrolled users.